Thanks to everyone who attended and our partners Ursinus College, we had a 3 successful events in 2019. It’s a delight to see so many families and especially the children. Look for us again in 2020.
Area residents and their families are invited to spend one or more Friday evenings during the summer on Ursinus College’s front lawn for free movie screenings, music, food provided by local food trucks, and more. We now have a beer and wine vendor.
Where and When
- Where: Ursinus College front lawn
- Movie 1/date: ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet‘, June 28
- Movie 2/date: ‘Mary Poppins Returns‘, July 26
- Movie 3/date: ‘How to Train your Dragon 3: The Hidden World‘, August 16
- Time: Event opens at 7:00 pm. Movies begin at dusk between 8:00 and 8:30 pm.
- In the event of rain: Movies will be screened in Olin Auditorium, adjacent to the Berman Museum on the Ursinus College campus.
- Directions and parking: Parking is available in the Ninth Avenue Parking lot adjacent to 179 East Ninth Avenue with some limited parking off Fifth Avenue near the dorms.
About the Event
Families are invited to bring chairs and blankets and begin arriving at 7 p.m. to enjoy food, music and entertainment. The free Berman Museum of Art will be open for everyone to enjoy, and will be conducting scavenger hunts inside and outside the museum with prizes for kids. They also will provide moviegoers with self-guided maps of the campus’ many beautiful outdoor art installations.
With all this going on, make time to enjoy your favorite dinners, drinks and desserts from the following food and drink trucks:
- Capt’n Chucky’s
- Kona Ice
- Sweet Aloha
- Bulls Dogs
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Brothers Kerschner Brewing Co.
The CEDC will also be selling freshly popped popcorn throughout the movie.
Special thanks to our local sponsors:
- Kimberton Whole Foods
- Community Music School
- Collegeville Club Pilates
- The Music Depot
- The Dance Depot
- Edward Jones Office of Justin Bartolomucci
“Movies on the Lawn” is presented through a partnership of Ursinus College with the Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC).
One of the nation’s “Colleges that Change Lives,” Ursinus College is a residential undergraduate liberal arts college with 1,500 students that is widely recognized for its first-year Common Intellectual Experience. In addition to “Movies in the Park,” it offers vibrant summer activities to members of the community through its Summerburst programming, the Philip and Muriel Berman Museum of Art, and community theater and dance performances. For more information, visit the Ursinus summer activities page.
The Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC)
The CEDC was established in 2003 to promote local businesses and organize family-friendly activities for Collegeville residents. They also assist the Collegeville Borough Business Development Committee in recruiting new businesses to the borough. Email the manager, or call 610 409 0370.