Ursinus College extends an invitation to all Collegeville area residents and families to celebrate summer’s end with events on the Ursinus campus.
Where & When
- Marketplace, Music and Art Activities: 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on Olin Plaza
- Disney Movie: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm featuring “Monsters University”. Due to a wet lawn, the movie will be shown inside the campus’ Floy Lewis Bakes Field House.
- Date: Friday September 14
- Directions and Parking: Parking is available from the College’s 5th Avenue entrance. Parking signs and attendants will be on hand to direct cars to available parking.
About the Event
This evening of back-to-school fun showcases the warm memories of the sights, sounds and tastes of summer. Featuring music; art and family fun in the Berman Museum; food; a marketplace; our last Disney Movie, “Monsters University” and a drag show for adults!
- Live bluegrass music from the Perkiomen Players, plus a special guest performance by Ursinus College Academic Dean Mark Schneider on Olin Plaza
- A free sidewalk chalk art contest for kids (we supply the washable chalk)
- Family art projects: Spin Art, Create a Small Painting, Paint a Birdhouse and Face Painting sponsored by Pinot’s Palette (charge of $5 for each project to cover the cost of art supplies)
- Tours of new exhibitions inside the Berman Museum of Art
- Special Escape Trappe Scavenger Hunt – Escape Trappe will hide boxes with “Escape Trappe” logos outdoors around the campus. Prizes to those who find one
- Piccolo “On the Go” Boutique on Wheels
- La Spa Bliss free chair massages
- Mint Hair Salon hair analysis and braiding
- Kimberton Whole Foods with “samples of fall” giveaways
- Dance Depot
- Community Music School
- Rock n’ Roll After School
“Movies on the Lawn” Moved Inside the Fieldhouse
The family fun heats up as the sun sets with a final Movie, which has been moved to the campus’ Fieldhouse from the front lawn due to wet grass. The movie is our “Back to School Edition” featuring Disney’s “Monsters University” on a new, bigger and better movie screen. The movie starts at approximately 7:30 pm. Bring a blanket or chair! Volunteers from the CEDC will be selling popcorn and water.
Once the kids are settled at home, adults can make a late-night date for 10 p.m. to enjoy a drag show with Summer Clearance (AKA Ursinus Theater Professor Domenick Scudera) and her friends in the Blackbox Studio Theater in the Kaleidoscope Performing Arts Center. One of many creative, unusual and avant-garde performances that audiences of Ursinus Fringe Festival have come to expect.
The “Summer’s End Festival” is presented through a partnership of Ursinus College with the Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC).
One of the nation’s “Colleges that Change Lives,” Ursinus College is a residential undergraduate liberal arts college with 1,500 students that is widely recognized for its first-year Common Intellectual Experience. In addition to “Movies in the Park,” it offers vibrant summer activities to members of the community through its Summerburst programming, the Philip and Muriel Berman Museum of Art, and community theater and dance performances. For more information, visit the Ursinus summer activities page.
The Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC)
The CEDC was established in 2003 to promote local businesses and organize family-friendly activities for Collegeville residents. They also assist the Collegeville Borough Business Development Committee in recruiting new businesses to the borough. Visit our web site, email the manager, or call 610 409 0370.