To celebrate the 2021 holiday season, the Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) is once again sponsoring a Holiday House Decorating Contest for Collegeville borough residents.
If you spend hours putting up lights and other displays outdoors for the holidays and would like some recognition for all your hard work, this contest is for you!
- Entry deadline is Sunday, Dec. 19, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Judging will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 21 between 5:30 and 9 p.m.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail by Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021.
The 2020 Holiday Decorating Contest is limited to the residents of the Borough of Collegeville.
If you are unsure if you live in the borough check this map.
- There is no cost to enter the program.
- The contest will be judged on what can be seen from the street side of the house at night.
- People or live animals are not allowed as part of the display.
- All participants are requested to keep their houses decorated through December 31st so that the community can view and enjoy them.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
Judging Categories and Criteria
Residents should enter their houses in ONE of four categories:
- Most Extravagant (can you say “Griswold Christmas”)
- Traditional (colored lights or white lights, children’s fantasies, Santa Claus and friends, etc.)
- Religious (of any denomination)
- Colonial (candles in windows, greenery, white lights, the Williamsburg look, etc.)
All categories will be scored by the judges using the following criteria:
- Creativity: Originality, number of materials used, homemade vs. commercially made.
- Appearance: Color coordination, balance and overall attractiveness will be a major factors.
- Effort: Time and energy put into preparation and presentation
Contest Entry Form
For questions or for more information about the contest, contact us at [email protected] or 610-409-0370.