It is only through the generosity of donors such as yourself that the CEDC is able to carry out its vision to help shape Collegeville to be an appealing destination town for our businesses and a great community for families.
If you value our programs and promotions, it is especially important that you provide your support to the CEDC for 2014 by renewing your membership. In 2014 we will no longer receive any funding from the state’s Main Street Program or from Collegeville Borough. Our funding sources are limited to Ursinus College, sponsorships from businesses, the income we generate through our events, and most importantly, business and resident memberships such as yours.
To ensure that Collegeville remains a vibrant, business and family-oriented community, in 2013 we:
- Worked with building owners and the shopping center management to help attract new businesses. We also work directly with our current businesses to promote them and their events;
- Oversaw the Collegeville Farmers’ Market for another season;
- Introduced Ursinus’ new students to Collegeville businesses by providing the students with information and coupons;
- Partnered with Ursinus College to offer outdoor music, food and fun for the entire family at Collegeville Community Day in April on the campus;
- Held Collegeville’s first Rubber Ducky Regatta on the Perkiomen Creek;
- With Trappe Today and Tomorrow and local businesses, sponsored free Movies in the Collegeville and Waterworks Parks throughout the summer;
- Organized and held Collegeville’s first “Farmer & the Chef” food tastings dinner, featuring signature dishes from 18 of the area’s most popular restaurants;
- Organized the Annual Community Colossal Yard Sale, which was again . . . colossal! attracting over 3,000 customers;
- Installed Collegeville’s First Street Piano in the Trail Parking Lot. Everyone is invited to play the piano, which has been transformed into a work of art named “Bridging Dreams”;
- Organized the 2013 Jingle Jog and Holiday Tree Lighting event featuring a 5-K run, caroling, kids’ games, and visit from Santa;
- Sponsored Collegeville’s First Home Decorating Contest “Deck the Homes!”
- Sponsored Collegeville’s Business Decorating Contest & Happy Hour with this year’s winners hosted by My Friends Tavern;
- Organized the Collegeville Area Holiday House Tour featuring eight of our communities’ most distinctive homes, followed by a reception and silent auction at the Community Music School; and
- Hung seasonal banners on the Main Street lamp posts in winter and summer and also funded, hung and watered flower baskets along the street.
- Partnered with Ursinus College and local, independent restaurants to offer several “Dinner & a Show” specials;
Your membership in the CEDC will be a clear indication of your commitment to the revitalization of our business district and the continued enhancement of our family-oriented community!
Please Sign Up for One of These Membership Categories and Benefits:
$75 Businesses (Basic business membership): Entitles businesses to participate and benefit from CEDC promotions, plus $10 off the fee for the Community Yard Sale, $10 off the Holiday House Tour, $10 off “The Farmer & the Chef” admission. Click here to become a member for your business.
$30 Families: $10 off the fee for the Community Yard Sale, $10 off the Holiday House Tour, $10 off “The Farmer & the Chef” admission. Click here to become a member for your family.
$15 Students and Seniors: $5 off the fee for the Community Yard Sale and $5 off the Holiday House Tour. Click here to become a member as a student or senior.
Please join us today! We absolutely rely on your financial support to keep our organization running.