To celebrate the 2015 holiday season, the Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) is sponsoring a Holiday House Decorating Contest for Collegeville residents.
If you spend hours putting up lights and other displays outdoors for the holidays and would like some recognition for all your hard work, this contest is for you! You are just a click away from entering the CEDC’s Holiday House Decorating contest at www.collegevilledevelopment.org. Deadline for entries is Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015 at 5 p.m.
- There is no cost to enter the program.
- The contest will be judged on what can be seen from the street side of the house at night.
- People or live animals are not allowed as part of the display.
- All participants are requested to keep their houses decorated through December 31st so that the community can view and enjoy them.
- The entry deadline is Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2015 at 5 p.m.
- Judging will be held on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 between 5:30 and 9 p.m.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail on Thursday, December 17, 2015
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- SPONSORED BY COLLEGEVILLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Judging Categories and Criteria
Residents should enter their houses in ONE of four categories:
- Most Extravagant (can you say “Griswold Christmas”)
- Traditional (colored lights or white lights, children’s fantasies, Santa Claus and friends, etc.)
- Religious (of any denomination)
- Colonial (candles in windows, greenery, white lights, the Williamsburg look, etc.)
All categories will be scored by the judges using the following criteria:
- Creativity: Originality, number of materials used, homemade vs. commercially made.
- Appearance: Color coordination, balance and overall attractiveness will be a major factors.
- Effort: Time and energy put into preparation and presentation
For questions or for more information about the contest, contact us at [email protected] or 610-409-0370.