Memorial Day marks a day to honor those who gave their lives for our country. As in the past, this year’s parade will be led by members of VFW Post 7155. Area residents and groups are invited to take part in the parade. If you would like to participate, please contact [email protected]
The parade is followed by a Remembrance Observance and Community Day at Waterworks Park featuring great food, music, and free entertainment and games for kids!
Where & When
- Where: The parade begins at Augustus Lutheran Church on Seventh Avenue in Trappe (map it), proceeds down Main St. to First Avenue at the Trappe Shopping Center, then right on First Avenue to the entrance to Waterworks Park (map it).
- When: Memorial Day, Monday, May 29th, 2023 (no rain date)
- Time: Parade begins at 10:00 am.
- Time: Remembrance Service and Community Day begins shortly after the parade ends at Waterworks Park, around 11:30 am.
- Register as a parade participant or vendor
- If you would like to help us and be part of next year’s parade, sign up on our Volunteer page.
About the Annual Memorial Day Event
There will be floats decorated by residents and groups along with perennial favorites. The parade will be about a mile long and will be comprised of over 50 groups and individuals representing our veterans, military, non-profit groups, service clubs, Boy and Girl Scouts, marching bands, decorated floats, dancers, antique vehicles and special brigades.
Each year about 500 individuals take part in the parade and several thousand adults and children come out to watch along the parade route and attend the events at the park.
A number of armed forces groups will be represented along with our Gold Star Mother, who lost a son to war.
Children and families will enjoy candy and giveaways from the parade participants and also at the parade’s end at Waterworks Park.
Those watching the parade should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to shady spots along Main Street in Trappe from Seventh Avenue down to First Avenue. Plenty of great viewing spots are available!
At the end of the parade, viewers should fall into the parade behind the EMS vehicle and walk to Waterworks Park for a short Memorial Day Remembrance Ceremony hosted by the Trappe VFW, which will include a ceremonial flag raising, and the singing of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
Community Day follows with GrandPop Bubbles’ “bubblemania” of giant bubbles for kids, a Moon Bounce, 20-foot-high dual slide and an Obstacle Course inflatable; face stickers and carnival games and food vendors.
Community Day will feature the following food vendors:
- Schaeffer Catering
- Capt’n Chucky’s Seafood
- Van Pelt Hot Dog Company
- Menagerie Foods Catering & Food Truck
- Smokin Bones BBQ
- Troubles End Beer and Wine Tent
- Kona Ice
Brought to You By
The non-profit Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) and community volunteers bring this parade to the community every year. To help us continue making events like this possible Join, Volunteer or Donate today.