Each year the Collegeville-Trappe community comes out to honor our servicemen and servicewomen who died while serving in the U.S. military by participating in or watching the Collegeville-Trappe Memorial Day Parade. About 500 individuals take part in the parade and over 3,000 adults and children come out to watch along the parade route and attend the memorial service and events at Waterworks Park.
Unfortunately, to keep our community safe at this time of pandemic, the CEDC and its partners are unable to hold the 2020 parade and ceremony originally scheduled for May 25th. We encourage you to take some time with your family and friends, either at home or online, and reflect on those who gave their lives for our freedom.
You can revisit the 2019 event through the photo and video links below.
Event Photos and Video
Brought to You By
The non-profit Collegeville Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) and community volunteers bring this parade to the community every year. To help us continue making events like this possible Join, Volunteer or Donate today.
- VFW Post 7155 Honor Guard
- Boy Scout Troop 7155
- Cub Scout Pack 531
- Horse-drawn Caisson
- Cub Scout Pack 87 carrying pictures of our local heroes killed in the line of duty:
- Army Sgt. John T. Bubeck
- Staff Sgt. Marc J. Small
- David R. Bernstein
- Richard Willis Minnich Jr.
- PFC Robert Lee Vaughn, Jr.
- Roy A. Gebhard
- Douglas Issac Moyer
- Army Capt. Nathan R. Raudenbush
- Richard Edwin Powell
- Gerald L. Hartzel
- Leslie James Stewart, and
- Lawrence Edward Bach
- Vietnam Vet Chester M. Hullinger, Jr. driven by Mary Hullinger in a decorated Ford Explorer with Airman 1st Class Leon Reynolds E-5.
- Blue Star Mother Nina Owens, parent of Marine Sgt. Lonzo A. Owens
- USMC HMMWV owned and driven by Tom Garvin
- Perkiomen Valley High School Vikings Marching Band
- PVHS Varsity Cheerleaders
- 1930 Model A Ford owned and driven by the Haring-Heidel Family
- Boy Scout Troop 113
- 1930 Ford Roadster driven and owned by Carol Allen
- 1935 Ford Four door Sedan owned and driven by Phil Christ
- Parade Marshalls Mayors Aidsand Wright–Riggins, Matthew Wismer, and Betty Wright-Riggins driven in a black Vis a Vis Carriage with horses owned by Matthew Wismer, Northern Star Farm.
- PA Senator Katie Muth representing the 44th District driven by a 2019 Red Corvette owned and driven by Barry Shefsky
- Pa State Representative Joe Webster representing the 150th District in a 1929 Shay Model A Roadster owned and driven by Beth and Mark Howard
- State Representative Joe Ciresi representing the 146th District in a 1909 White GA owned and driven by Shawn Achtel
- Collegeville Councilman Gary Hoffman in a 1932 Ford owned and driven by Steven Kurcik
- Music Depot Drumline
- Antique Truck owned and operated by Fred Chendorain
- 1957 Ford Thunderbird owned and driven by Bruce Saylor
- 1948 Chevrolet Sedan owned and operated by Al Schneider
- Cub Scout Pack 119 –Katrin Blamey
- The Valley Forge Chapter National Society Daughters of the American Revolution and Children of the American Revolution, Valley Forge Society Riding in an 1987 Corvette Convertible owned and driven by Ron Rahmer.
- 1936 Ford Cabriolet owned and operated by Ken Valeri
- Miss Pennsylvania East Coast USA 2017/18 Stephanie Frazier and National Optional Supreme East Coast USA 2016/17 Shealyn Frazier driven in a 1929 Model A Ford Phaeton owned and driven by Tom Hudecki
- 1931 Ford Sedan owned and operated by Dave Falls
- Patriot’s Float by the Young Family
- St. Luke’s UCC with a Historic Jeep
- 1930 Ford Sedan owned and operated by Gene and Nancy Yeager
- 1929 Ford Roadster owned by Gary Volpe
- 1930 Ford Pickup Truck owned by Gary Volpe
- Collegeville Lion’s Club Decorated Car and Mascot
- Graterford Bible Fellowship Church
- 1928 Ford Roadster owned and driven by Doug Emerson
- 1931 Ford four- door Sedan owned and driven by Perry Rogers
- 1931 Ford Tudor Sedan owned and driven by David Falls
- Dancing on Eire School of Irish Dance
- 1964 Ford Mustang owned and operated by Cliff Wilson
- The Children’s Schoolhouse of Collegeville
- Community Club of Collegeville members riding in a vintage Mustang Convertible owned and operated by Earl Maclevain
- West Mont United Soccer Club
- 1930 Ford Coupe owned and driven by Dini Vigliano
- 1931 Ford Open Cab Pick-up owned and driven by Howard and Martha Kriebel
- 1969 custom VW Beetle owned and driven by Vic Machese
- 1931 Ford Coupe owned and driven by Al Schneider
- 1930 Four-door Sedan owned by Dave and Sue Wood
- 1956 Thunderbird owned and driven by Fred Coyne
- Historic Beaver Tractors owned Carmen Valerio
- Trucks and Emergency Vehicles driven by members of the Collegeville Fire Co.
- Trappe Fire Co. & EMT Ambulance